Founded in 2007 to foster networking, knowledge exchange and professional skill development, the ASNPN’s membership includes:
- trainees, research staff and young professionals working directly on AllerGen-funded research projects;
- medical students, residents and fellows-in-training interested in combining allergic disease research with patient care;
- trainees and young professionals supervised by non-AllerGen investigators who are working on research projects aligned with AllerGen’s mission, vision and goals; and
- AllerGen graduates in the workforce or completing advanced studies in allergic disease research outside of AllerGen-funded projects.
The ASNPN enhances research and professional networking opportunities for AllerGen’s research trainees, research staff and new professionals by:
- fostering relationships among and between AllerGen students and new professionals;
- facilitating professional information and knowledge exchange among trainees and new professionals and other Network participants and partner organizations;
- organizing and implementing training and networking activities that build capacity in the areas of allergic and related immune disease;
- promoting students and new professionals’ participation and engagement within the AllerGen Network.
Trainees, new professionals and research staff working on AllerGen-funded research projects automatically become ASNPN members and are not required to apply for membership.
Students and new professionals not directly involved in AllerGen research, but training or working in the field of allergy, asthma and/or anaphylaxis and related immune disease research, may apply for ASNPN membership.
Benefits of membership include the eligibility to apply for a range of capacity-building opportunities, including:
The trainee-led ASNPN is governed by an elected Executive Committee. The ASNPN President is an observer on the AllerGen Board of Directors and is a full voting member of the Advanced Education and Training Opportunities Advisory Committee (AETOAC). The ASNPN Vice-President is an observer on the Research Management Committee (RMC). The ASNPN Executive Committee meets four to five times per year by teleconference.
For more information, please contact:
Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) and Events Coordinator
AllerGen NCE Inc.
(905) 525-9140 x 26633